Careers At Northwestern Benefit
Below is a list of current openings at Northwestern Benefit. Please click on an opening in the list to view details and apply.
I. Position Summary
The Operations Manager (OM) will plan, direct, and coordinate Northwestern Benefitís (NB) operations. The OM is responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. The OM contributes towards the achievement of the companyís strategic and operational objectives. The OM has responsibility for overseeing the daily operational needs of the office, as well as planning for future needs of the facilities and workspaces. The OMís contribution to NB is to enhance the employment environment and culture by assisting the Chief Financial Officer and the NB management team with various office, organizational, and IT oversight functions.
- Manages vendors, including the property management company, to deliver quality services to our entire team. Service areas include: HVAC system, temperature controls, and environmental issues; Lighting and work condition issues; Janitorial Services; Security Systems including office access badges/keypads, locks, and doors; Phone Systems.
- Coordinates team member moves and space planning.
- Coordinates organizational transitions and building moves.
- Orders and maintains inventories of office supplies, kitchen supplies, and appliances.
- Orders and maintains inventories of office furniture and interiors. This includes new orders, maintenance, and repair coordination.
- Manages the NB copy center to include management of the copy center facilities management vendor and NB fulfillment team.
- Manages NB Technology Support Specialist (TSS). Guides TSS in determining IT back-up needs for team members who have to be without their equipment for any time period.
- Monitors, manages, and improves the efficiency of IT and Copy Center support services. Facilitates coordination and communication between support functions.
- Oversees proper operation of office equipment to include printers, copiers, scanners, computers, postage/shipping, and binding equipment.
- Communicates effectively with NB team regarding operational and building announcements.
- Collaborates with NB team to ensure professional appearance of all bulletin boards and posted materials by partnering with those responsible for their appearance and content.
- Organizes quarterly all team meetings, semi-annual organization day, and annual celebrations in partnership with the Operations Team and Human Resources.
- Partners with Human Resources in planning for new team member Integration. Ensures workstations have desk supplies, business cards, phone, phone list, and IT equipment needed to perform job duties on the new hireís first day of work.
- Maintains team member security access to the facilities.
- Trains new hires on office equipment and copy center protocols.
- Maintains business cards, organizational chart, seating chart, phone list, and name plates with team member changes and promotions
- Updates and publishes annual planning calendar and monthly events calendar in partnership with Human Resources and the Operations Team.
- Oversees safety procedures such as first aid, fire drills and other evacuations, etc.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Technology Support Specialist (1)
Fulfillment Specialist (1)
IV. Knowledge/Experience Required to Achieve the Objective(s)
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- 3+ years overseeing an office environment as an Office Manager or Operations Manager.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Information technology skills.
- Bachelorís degree preferred, or an equal working-time equivalent.
V. Skills/Abilities Required to Achieve the Objective(s)
- Proven work experience as operations manager.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Effective decision-making ability.
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc).
- Working knowledge of computers and phone systems.
- Presents oneself confidently and professionally
- Effectively manages multiple projects and deadlines. Keeps larger projects managed and on time, while multi-tasking many day-to-day requests.
- Models and exemplifies Northwestern Benefitís 25 Tenets. In all things, seeks to behave in a personal, consistent, and reliable manner.
VI. Physical Requirements/Miscellaneous
- There is weekly lifting and moving of office equipment and supplies that are required (40 lbs or less)
Assessment Tool(s) used for this position:
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to provide a general scope of the position, outlining the primary responsibilities, reporting structure, and knowledge/strengths/abilities required to succeed. It is not a contract.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by